Ways to Die (Spoilers)

Previous topic - Next topic

CrankyTemplar

Good day folks! I found out about this game after playing Hero-U and generally enjoy looking for ways to meet a terrible end in adventure games. After playing through as an Air Mage I tried the different paths and I'm so far compiling all the deaths I found to put into a YouTube video (for reference, this was the video I did for Hero-U which was a good bit of fun to compile) but wanted to post what I have found between all four routes and things I'm still curious/checking on to ensure I don't miss something. I'm pretty sure I am missing some deaths at this time. If folks happen to note a death I missed or can confirm one I'm unsure about, it is much appreciated if you let me know!

I've sorted these into death messages from losing combat against a specific creature and non-combat deaths in each trial.

Combat
1. Pygmy Goblin
2. Redcap Goblin
3. Redcap Archer
4. Spiderling
5. Skeleton
6. Skeleton Archer
7. Casipoisse
8. Crab/Priestess Boss
9. Bandit
10. Burrower
11. Biclops
12. Wraith Group Boss
13. Skeltch
14. Lone Bandit (Fire Mage side quest)
15. Slithpurr (Fire Mage side quest)
16. Slithpurr Snakes (Fire Mage side quest)
17. Fire Wraith (Fire Mage side quest)
18. Redcap Guard Duo Boss
19. Pyraze (On a side note, it's a shame you don't get a cool incineration like Bort does when losing this fight)
NOTE: I'm not sure if there's a death due to poison (I suspect so) given not too many ways to get poisoned and timing poison to kill you without further enemy attacks.

Trial 1
1. Approach the Wasps Repeatedly
2. Talk to the Wasps Repeatedly as an Air Mage (Gives the same death message as 1, but wasp dialogue)
NOTE: Wasps are technically for Trial 2, but you can be killed by them while doing Trial 1. I didn't find any other deaths in Trial 1 outside of combat. I did notice an autosave when choosing my element and when entering the palace for the first time, but I'm not sure if these are autosaves related to being in danger or just autosaves in general (thinking the latter).

Trial 2
1. Attacked by the Griffon
2. Don't Talk to Brashem (or try to leave) when he tells you to start talking
3. Use the hand icon on Brashem's door or belongings repeatedly
4. Don't leave when Brashem tells you to run
5. Get Eaten by the Burrower (Air Mage side quest)
6. Get too close to the Moss Man (Earth Mage side quest - identical death message for both appearances, including if you quickly shift the canopy and immediately run into it)
7. Get spotted by the guard when returning the gem (Water Mage side quest)
NOTE: This is one where I believe I'm missing a death for the Water Mage side quest. I see an autosave occur when I enter Sir Hamfred's house for the first time on the Water Mage side quest (and when returning the stone), but fooling around with stuff didn't get me killed and I'm pretty sure there's no time limit after playing the Earth Mage side quest...
NOTE: I also skipped visiting Brashem on the Fire Mage playthrough and intend to go back from a save around that point to see if casting Heat or Flash might result in a unique death.

Trial 3
1. Walk into the Pit (Water Mage)
2. Walk into the Fire or the ring of fire from the outside (Air Mage)
3. Walk into the Ring of Fire after floating over it (Air Mage)
4. Walk into the Tornado (Fire Mage, same death message if you die before casting Heat or before casting Flash)
5. Walk into the Ice Shards (Earth Mage)
6. Follow Strof into the Goblin barracks
7. Follow Strof into his hut or the kitchen (same event and death message for both)
8. Run in the Goblin Barracks (without being under the effects of Conceal or Pacify)
9. Try to take the Key (without being under the effects of Conceal or Pacify)
10. Cast Flash in the Barracks (Fire Mage only)
11. Open the Chest without using the oil (or Conceal/Pacify)
12. Wait in the camp after taking the Trinicorn Horn (only if you leave the kitchen door unlocked)
13. Spotted by the archer in town while disguised as a goblin
14. Don't hide when the goblin disguise is wearing off
15. Use the dagger on the priestess (if she was left alive)
16. After finding Varner and the explosive cube, wait without picking it up
17. Pick up the explosive cube then wait
18. Use the explosive cube on the empty barrel
19. In the storage room, either wait too long without pushing the chair or try to run to the window without doing so (same death message)
20. Wait too long to block the door in McGyle's room
21. Try to leave McGyle's room without blocking the door (very minor death message variant from just waiting)
22. Say the wrong things to Fend

So the TLDR version of what I'm unsure of is death by poison, whether fire mage spells cause a unique death with Brashem, whether there is a way to die in Sir Hamfred's house on the Water Mage side quest, and whether there are non-combat related deaths for Trial 1 besides the wasps. Of course, any other deaths in other segments I may have missed is much appreciated too!

Thanks for reading and for any suggestions or information you have! I will update if I find anything additional to add or someone mentions an additional death. I will also likely finish and upload the compilation this weekend after checking everything (and will post the link after doing so).

CrankyTemplar

So folks, my apologies for the disappearance on this. Between work, moving, and switching gears to tackle other videos this kind of fell by the wayside. However, I have a few days off now so I am finishing this up between tonight/tomorrow.

I can confirm a generic non-poison related death message for dying from poison. Fire mage has no unique deaths with Brashem. The lone bandit for the fire mage is an inaccurate death as it gives the same death message as a normal bandit (I just had forgotten when I posted, apparently). There's also a different death message interacting with the sleeping goblin in the barracks as a Fire Mage (who ordinarily has the key you need on other routes).

I'm still unsure if there's a death inside Sir Hamfed's house (besides the guard spotting you outside if you opt to return the gem), or whether the autosaves when choosing your element or entering the Priestess' palace are related to being in danger (they only occur if the "autosave when in danger occur" is checked, it seems). There's also the possibility I've missed deaths. If someone does happen to know and posts on it, I'll update accordingly. Thanks!