Any new projects on the horizon you would like to let us know about?

Previous topic - Next topic

Adventure4Life

Blake00

Quote from: Adventure4Life on July 19, 2021, 12:42:35 AM

It would be a dream come true if they went back to AGDI and did a KQ4 remake completing the series, but sadly I fear it will never happen as there were legal agreements made. Although that was a long time ago with people who probably aren't there anymore. Hell I doubt Activision would even notice these days if a KQ4 remake mysteriously appeared on the AGDI site anyway haha.

Blake's Sanctum - Quest For Glory Series:
fan page containing pics, vids, info, walkthroughs, patches, & maps!

GameDevChris

Hey guys, nothing's in the pipeline at the moment. We're still working on manufacturing all of the reward items for backers of the Mage's Initiation Kickstarter project. So, for the time being, that has been taking priority over everything else.

As for a King's Quest IV remake, we'd love to do it and we spent many years in negotiations with Activision trying to make it happen, but they just kept railroading the idea, sadly. At this point, I think they just want to sit on the Sierra IPs, as they don't see much value in them after their 2015 attempt failed to gain much traction. If we did remake it, though, it'd have to be commercial and officially licensed. It's a huge undertaking remaking a Sierra game, and isn't something we'd have the time or resources to do for free anymore.

Adventure4Life

Quote from: GameDevChris on July 21, 2021, 07:34:32 PM
Hey guys, nothing's in the pipeline at the moment. We're still working on manufacturing all of the reward items for backers of the Mage's Initiation Kickstarter project.

yeah kickers and EA are a mixed blessing. On one hand many projects could literally never happen without it but then Devs are trapped in this strange environment that is no really the best way to develop things. All that transparency can lead to all sorts of issues and I know a bunch of devs that have gone broke trying to satisfy all the donation levels way way after the game has had its burst in sales. EA is even worse though, as normal development things do not exist.. you can not scrap systems if the game is not working as someone will think that is the best part of the game and leave bad review on steam that will haunt you for all time. I could go on and on about it, as i pages about how much I think EA and Kickers are restrictive... but the sad this is that without them.. many things have no chance at all.

It is a catch 22.